Cucumber, Avocado, And White Bean Salad
It’s crazy to think that summertime will be here in less than 3 months. Honestly, last summer wasn’t so great. My health wasn’t good, my diet was off and gyms were closed. It definitely wasn’t the hot girl summer I thought it was going to be at the beginning of the year.
I do think that this summer will be different! But only if I start to work towards that now. There’s a saying, “Abs are made in the kitchen” and it’s so true! Our diet is a huge part of our fitness and eating a healthy balanced diet is key. I’ve always found it hard to be happy eating a salad or light meals when the weather is cold. However, now that it’s starting to warm up a bit, big salads are going back on the menu. This cucumber, avocado, and white bean salad is one of my favorites because it’s so quick to make and the beans really fill you up.
Cucumber, Avocado, And White Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 large can (29 oz) Cannellini Beans
- 1 cucumber
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 avocados
- Slice white onion
- 3 tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 lemons
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tea salt
- Open your can of beans and rinse them with cold water. Let them sit in a strainer for a few minutes to drain all excess water from them.
- Slice the celery and cucumbers into small, thin pieces and add them to a large bowl.
- Next, chop your onion and mince the cilantro. Add both of those to the large bowl.
- Now slice the avocado into small cubes. Add the beans and avocado to the bowl.
- Juice the lemons and lime and pour into a large cup or small container suitable for mixing the dressing.
- Add the olive oil, maple syrup, and salt. Whisk until it’s blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and then gently mix it all together, being careful not to mash the avocado. Sprinkle on some paper and you’re done!
This salad is defiantly big enough for two people. Or you can do what I do and just eat it throughout the day.
Hope you try it and even more so, hope you enjoy it! As always let me know!