25 Boot Outfits For Fall & Winter 2022
I think it’s pretty much a rule of fashion, that when the weather cools down, the boots come out. And as much as people love summertime, in my opinion, you can’t really get dressed until fall and winter. Although boots can be worn all year long, and it’s definitely something I do, you really see them make a big appearance in the fall.
With so many different styles of boots out there, it’s hard to have just one favorite style. But who says you have to? In fact, different styles allow you to easily change the vibe of an outfit from day to night, dressy or casual. Not only that but they can be worn with leggings, jeans, dresses of every length, sweaters, jackets, and coats. A good pair of boots will pull together any outfit and they can last years if you take proper care of them. With so many amazing options out there, there’s no way a person can have too many pairs of boots in their closet.
So read on for 25 boot outfits for fall and winter. I’m sure you’ll find some serious inspiration for fall boot outfits and also winter wardrobe fashion choices of your own.
Boot Outfits For Fall & Winter
Outfits With Knee High Boots
Boot trends are constantly changing, but knee-high boots are a wardrobe staple and personally my favorite shaft height to wear. Moreover, these tall boots come in leather, beautiful suedes, and patent leather. Even though they can be found in just about any color, black and brown shades will get the most use. With so many heel heights and toe shapes, the possibilities are pretty endless.
Knee-high boots and jeans are also one of the most classic fall outfits. In fact, a personal favorite of mine is pairing a long silky black dress with high slits, with a riding boot.
- Heeled, knee-high boots, paired with high-waisted shorts and a lightweight sweater is so perfect for a warm fall day. And I also have to mention, this outfit will make your legs look a mile long!
- A lug-soled boot can help anchor short sweater dresses. Additionally, many styles are also waterproof and can double as rain boots. In addition, if worn with thick long socks, you won’t have to sacrifice style to stay warm and dry.
- I hope you kept some skinny jeans after they were declared dead earlier this year. Because no other style of denim works better with tall boots. Basically you can wear them with any style of sweater, blazer, or jacket, and your outfit will instantly be elevated.
- Pair your boots with a preppy skirt or for peak fall 2022 style, an oversized blazer or bomber jacket.
- You can also add more dimension to boot outfits this fall & winter with a snake print boot. In fact, Paris Texas makes a beautiful boot in multiple colorful fun shades.
Outfits With Ankle Boots
Ankle boots come in so many different styles. There are so many different toe shapes and heel heights, that the outfit ideas are pretty much endless. Although they can be worn with any outfit, they are particularly useful when wearing long pants.
- Wearing a heeled boot with a pair of long trousers or straight leg jeans is an easy way to create the illusion of longer legs. In addition, a square toe is in keeping with the trends of fall 2022.
- Wear black ankle boots with a pair of black stockings, a mini skirt, and a sweater or with a warm sweater dress. But for colder weather wear a long trench or wool duster over your outfit. Or also add an element of toughness with a leather jacket.
- Chelsea boots are super popular and have become another fall wardrobe staple. The faux leather boots are also characterized as an ankle-high boot with an elastic side panel. They’re easy to slip on and off, are super comfortable, and can also be worn with any type of outfit.
- Further, pointed-toe ankle boots help elongate the legs. Brown suede boots are nice to wear this time of year. When you wear ankle boots with a cable knit sweater or long cardigan you’ll have a particular cozy-looking outfit. The shorter ankle height also makes it an easy style to wear with pants.
Outfits With Cowboy Boots
Most cowboy and western-inspired boots come in ankle and mid-calf heights. This style of boots has been gaining in popularity over the last few years. Without a doubt, you can expect to see a lot of them this season. Plus, a pair of cowboy boots will only diversify your Fall wardrobe even more.
I particularly love the calf-high boots when worn with a silk slip dress. For colder weather top with a loose sweater and then belt it at the waist. Really, there isn’t much you can’t wear with cowboy boots.
- Cowboy boots look great with a mini dress or shirt dress, or shorts and then topped with a baggy sweater.
- They can also be found in leather and suede, in just about any color. Because all the fancy stitch work isn’t to everyone’s style preference, more and more boots are coming out with more simple and modern styles.
- Cowboy boots also look great when paired with an oversized blazer and crossbody bag. And lastly, because they usually have a thicker block heel, they tend to be comfortable when walking around for long periods of time.
Outfits With Over The Knee Boots
Unlike other boot styles, over-the-knee and thigh-high boots are statement boots and are usually the focus of an outfit. Specifically, in regard to this style, I’m very happy to announce that this boot is making a big comeback this season.
- Because these boots cover up so much of your leg, it’s a good option to wear with shorter dresses and skirts.
- Wear over-the-knee boots over a pair of skinny jeans with a warm sweater, cozy jacket, or long coat, all options look equally good
- You can also wear a pair of shorts and an oversized blazer to stay on trend this season with your high boots outfits.
- Additionally, they can also be worn with a short sweater dress to keep your legs warm. Or a long maxi dress that has a high front slit.
- While over-the-knee boots in leather tend to look edgy and hard, if you want a softer look, suede over-the-knee boots are the way to go.
Outfits With Combat Boots
Combat boots are an easy way to toughen up an outfit and also add some edge.
- Style combat boots with a pair of leggings and also a sweater for a warm and comfortable outfit.
- Wearing a combat boot with a chunky sole can also help anchor a short skirt or dress. In addition, it can add some edge if the outfit is feeling too girlie.
- Combat boots can also add some attitude to a more formal workwear type of outfit. As well as add to the laid-back look of a pair of sweat pants and a matching sweater.
Because I love cold weather fashion, coming up with new boot outfit ideas for fall and winter is something I always look forward to!